Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It amazes me how differently we can think about things that happen to us, around us or just in general. A single, simple event happens and I interpret it one way and my friend interprets it entirely differently. Too often this close-minded way of seeing things leaks over into judging others' motives based on our own instead of allowing for the possibility that they were acting from a perspective that is simply different from ours. I'm learning every day just how unique we are. I assume that others know I mean well but they don't. I assume that what I experience is similar to others' experiences but not necessarily. I assume less and less the older I get. I grant others the benefit of the doubt when things don't seem right. I don't assume that I have the whole picture.
Perspective changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment